Because Experience Matters
A farmer and small business owner, Brian served as a County Supervisor before getting elected to the Assembly and becoming Assembly Republican Leader in 2017.
As Assembly Republican Leader, Brian:
- Prevented any new tax hikes
- Opposed making California a sanctuary state
- Opposed policies that release more dangerous prisoners
- Led efforts reduce the risk of wildfires
- Protected the 2ndAmendment & private property rights
State and Local Government Experience
- County Board of Supervisors (16 years) - Brian left Lassen County debt free.
- California State Assembly (2012-Present)
- Assembly Republican Leader (2017-2018)
- Past Chairman of Rural County Representatives of California.
- Served on the board of the Sierra Nevada Conservancy for seven years.
Farmer and Business Owner
- Founded two local businesses
- Owns and manages Big Valley Seed
- Third generation farmer and business owner
Brian and his wife, Megan, have three children - Chase, Reagan, and Roslyn. He takes deep pride in his family’s farm and hopes to pass along the business to his children.